Science Symposium and Science Fair (One day each: March)
- In March we first organize a one day EDGE science symposium at UAS for teachers and their students.
- All teachers who participated in the summer workshop, and at least two of their students present their projects and experiences at the symposium.
- Students gain the experience of presenting their work to peers and experience oral evaluation and real-time feed-back from university science faculty and from undergraduate students of the education department.
- Students and teachers will also attend and participate in the Southeast Alaska Regional Science Fair held at Juneau Douglas High School held at this time.
- Regional Science Fair winners go on to compete in the International High School Science Fair held in 2004 Portland, OR.