Fall Workshop for Students (One week: August)
- This workshop is especially designed for high school and middle school students of EDGE participant teachers.
- Students participate in two separate one-credit, lower division courses
- First course is ENVS 110: Introduction to Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Second course is ENVS 111: Introduction to Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Students learn GIS concepts, collect their own datasets with GPS receivers, differentially correct their data, and produce GIS maps.
- The dual enrollment program of UAS allows students who have not yet received their high school diplomas to earn university credit.
Student Workshop Related Materials:
- List of skills that the students will acquire (PDF 95K)
- Science technology level survey for students (PDF 46K)